Monday, September 7, 2009

November 4th 2009

That's in 2 months. In 2 months I will be in New York City and it will be S's and my wedding day.
I have so much to prepare. Lots of things happened since I got engaged in February 2008:

I lost 35 lbs.
I successfully finished my first contract in Toronto.
I started a new (and extremely stressful) work contract.
I started to blog in english.
I started running.
I participated in 3 x 5k events.


Yeah, that's about all I can think of for now... My life is all about work these days. But let's not talk about that...

So here's the deal. I want to push myself to exercise seriously in the last 2 months I have before I wear what will probably be the only dress I will ever wear, and be photographed more than I probably ever will be in my life. My dress is strapless and short... it will show my arms and my legs... I know these photos will be around for a while and that is a very scary thing. Maybe that's somewhat 'shallow' but hey, I just would like to feel good enough in my skin to forget about how I look and enjoy every minute of that special day... and right now I just don't...

I know it is now impossible for me to be at my 'goal weight' by November 4th, so I will focus instead on strengthening my muscles, and tracking all my food properly. We'll see if the scale is nice or not. At this point I have maintained my weight at around 150 lbs for about a year, so it is safe to think that I will be 150 lbs in 2 month whether I like it or not... I would really like to lose 10 lbs (weight 140 lbs) by then, but it will not be the end of the world if I don't.

It's going to be a tough 2 months, intense in work and exercises, but I think it will be worth it, right? I get to enjoy the first 2 weeks holiday I had in 10 years! I need it sooooooo bad!

Now all I need is to stay focused long enough to come up with a plan... hmmmmm........

7 comments:

Jen said...

I don't think it's shallow to want to look your best on your wedding day!!! As you said, you are the most photographed on that day and those pictures will be around your entire life.

Every bride is beautiful, but a confident bride is a RADIANT bride!!!
I KNOW you can do it!!!

Anonymous said...

All brides want to look beautiful, and if they say otherwise they're liars!

You have accomplished so much already getting to your goal weight will happen!

eurydice said...

nyc? really?

i think your goals are completely doable - just make them obvious to you every day (photos on fridge, etc) so you don't forget about them.

Fatinah said...

mmm, the next two months should make for some fun reading!!

Anonymous said...

Well, you will certainly have some extra motivation to tone up. :-)

On the other hand, I weighed about 10 pounds over what I would have liked on my wedding day, and it was the happiest day of my life!

Damagecontrol said...

Zut alors! C'est In-croy-ab-LE ;)
How was the Scotiabank 5k?

cinemarie said...

Thank you so much for your encouragements ladies :)
You all said very helpful things - I couldn't do it without your support :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I