Monday, October 6, 2014

Employment.

Or lack thereof.

My current contract finishes two Fridays from now. I need to find some work and I am very worried that I won't find much and will end up with a big gap in our finances. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant, so anything long term would be awesome, that way I could return after mat leave, but no one wants to hire someone for a long term position when they know that the person will be away for a year, starting in 4-5 months.

Looking for short term stuff is also a possibility, but there isn't much available at the moment. And finding something that will match 4-5 months in duration and that would start two Mondays from now, also a challenge.

I need to continue on to work before the baby comes because A I can't afford not to work until then, B my EI runs out soon and I don't know how things will work for me starting a new EI claim months before having to file a mat leave claim (honestly it is extremely unlikely that I could be awarded both.)

I can't believe I'm stuck in this situation again, but this time halfway into a pregnancy that so far is somewhat painful and uncomfortable.

I need to find work that is not too physical for that reason, too. Which narrows down what I can do. I am specialized in what I do, but then once no work is available at a certain time, I am pretty much useless in any other category of work (to potential employers that is - however I am convinced if the right company could see my potential I could do a lot for them, if only they would try me even if I have no related experience...or if I appear too experienced in another field...)

Man this is a tough time... :(

I have to keep positive though, lift up my sleeves and apply everywhere!

Wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

sending good vibes your way! i know how hard it can be. xo

cinemarie said...

Thank you so much! Kelsey! I don't know how I managed to miss your comment until now - I'm so sorry! That was so nice of you to comments, thanks again :)

Aaron Grey said...

Hi, can I contact you through your email? I've something to share that might interest you.

Aaron
aarongrey112 gmail.com

hailey said...

Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

Thanks!
Hailey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I