Monday, March 22, 2010

So I'm pregnant...

It doesn't feel really 'real' yet - well, except for the nausea and the heartburn and the weight gain... I have not 'clicked' yet - realized that this is really happening...

I waited to tell everyone until I was safely past the first trimester, the risk of miscarriage is really low as you get to the 2nd trimester... I was very scared to tell my work people, very anxious, as I am finishing a contract at the end of April, and my upcoming contract would keep me busy from the end of April until the end of February. Knowing that I will only be able to work for 4-5 of the 10 months of this contract, I was putting myself in a position where my employers might want to just hire someone else who would be able to just do the full 10 months... Anyways... There really hasn't been that much talk about 'details' yet, but they have given me enough indication that this contract was mine and I felt confident enough to go ahead and let them know... I just couldn't afford not to work starting in April. Not with a baby on the way - oy...

As for health and baby development - I think things are going ok - normal anyways... I am 14 weeks and 3 days along today, and I feel pretty miserable physically, but have high hopes that things will become easier in the 2nd trimester... I think this pregnancy will have changed the way I see food forever - My Oh My!!! I have been suffering from pretty intense 24hr nausea (I am medicated now and don't feel as bad- but I can still feel nausea a few times during the day...) Things I used to crave are now making me gag... and the only way to help it go away is eating... so I've piled up about 14 lbs so far. Yup I'm at 171lbs already. phew!

I have done very little exercise so far - I really need to improve on this. But I just feel so bad all day... I have good intentions of starting... any time now... any time...now... yeah... :)

I don't really have crazy cravings or anything like that - at least not yet - just things I can not think about or see without gagging... :) I tried to avoid reading some of my favorite food blogs because of that... it was tough! :) What's the worst is that you know that eating will help, so you try to plan what you could eat in you head, but then that makes you nauseous... ugh... a big challenge! I can't remember what it feels like to not have nausea every day anymore, I can't wait until it's all a thing of the past... :)

I'm sporting a little belly, and am already wearing some maternity clothes. Oooo maternity clothes are so comfortable!!!

I can't wait for the next ultrasound (should be in 4-6 weeks) where I get to possibly find out if it's a boy or a girl. I know a lot of people are into finding out at birth, but I just can't wait to find out!

I'll keep you posted... What would you like me to write about - do you have any questions? I'm a bit rusty, I think it'll take me a few posts to get back to my blogging rhythm - getting your feedback will help :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who was so nauseous during one pregnancy that she ate mainly Cheetos, and another who lived on grapes and Triscuits. Both are fine now!

I guess I would like to hear about what you are eating (What CAN you eat that doesn't make you sick?), what you are doing to get ready for the baby, and when you start feeling better, what exercise works best for a mama-to-be.

Mel said...

I was sick through both of my pregnancies, but somewhere along the line somebody told me that the sicker you are the healthier the pregnancy so that's what I kept telling myself!! I just want to hear everything so post away.

cinemarie said...

@Chez Julie : I love hearing stories of pregnant women who turned out ok even if they didn't exactly eat what's recommended nutrition-wise. There are so many scary stories and recommendations out there - when really sometimes it's ok to not do everything 100% as recommended, and it doesn't mean that your baby is going to have 3 arms and 2 heads if you eat Cheetos :) Thanks for reassuring me :)

@Mel Oh man that's annoying (being sick throughout 2 pregnancies!) I'll try to remember that - the sicker you are during pregnancy, the healthier the pregnancy... Thank you for that! Well, I guess I am having a very very healthy pregnancy! lol

tash said...

I want lots of baby talk and lots of pictures of the baby bump! I'd love to hear about your hubby's reaction to the news, any names you are thinking of, and if you are going to raise baby with a first language of French or English or try to do both.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I