Tuesday, June 15, 2010

26 weeks and 3 days...

translated from my french blog

Yeah... I've been thinking of writing a blog post for days - but I'm out of ideas... I decided to just start writing and see where it takes me...

So I am 26 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. I have gained - watch out! - 40 lbs so far during this pregnancy (that's on top of the 7 lbs I had gained before becoming pregnant...)

On my wedding day, I weighted 150 lbs.
When I started WW I weighted 186 lbs.
Today? I weight 197 lbs - yup...


I'm not sure what to make of this... I mean, I still have 13 weeks to go and, depending on the source, people say I should gain anywhere between 0.5 and 1 lb a week from now on. So it's inevitable, that big scary number is coming - 200 lbs. (Well, I'll go up to 210 lbs if I really am going to gain a pound a week...)

oh la la...


I have to admit that I have not been all that disciplined in these 26 weeks. I didn't exercise as much as I should have (once a week on average) and as for food intake, I pretty much ate without paying too much attention. I tried to pick healthier stuff at times and other times, not so much...


I think I need to take care of this now. Pregnancy definitely surprised me with all its 'side effects' - I have had to let go of some of my 'control'. But there's only 13 weeks left, it's time to make an effort, it's going to be worth it in the end.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm going to try and lose weight right now - not at all, that would be unhealthy - but rather I want to make healthier choices, I will:

  1. Exercise 3 times a week minimum.
  2. Prep more food at home.
  3. Count/Track what I eat - be it healthy or not, to at least get a better picture of what I'm doing...

I started to use this website again: Daily Burn. It's free (you can also pay if you want to access more options...) and what I like about it, compared to other similar sites, is that they have a lot of search-able food items in their 'library'. Also, you get a daily personal nutrition tracking page that gives you info on your intake of calories, fats, carbs and proteins. IT really gives you a good picture of what your eating in a reasonable way, and what you lack - i.e.: I try to eat lots of protein in my days now because I know it's very important for the baby and me - it turns out it's a big challenge for me and I didn't even know it was until I tracked with this tool!

The only thing is that it is not meant for pregnant women, more for people who are trying to lose weight for instance. But it's still interesting and it still gets me back in the habit of tracking...


There is a similar website by Spark People that is meant specifically for pregnant women: BabyFit, but I don't like it as much because I find that they don't always have all the items I want to track in their system, the way that daily burn does. It's annoying when you want to track something and it just doesn't exist on the site... And I came across a lot of 'missing' things. It's also free + they send you daily newsletter with useful info on pregnancy subjects if you want them to.

No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I