Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Stress.

Whaaaaa?

2 days ago we briefly used the A/C - the temperature was 27 degrees Celsius in the house. Yesterday, the weather network said that it was 22, and that with the humidity it felt like 26.

Today?
It's currently 0 degrees and it's SNOWING!

And of course, I got a call to go work this afternoon... I have said no a few times in the last few weeks so I felt like I should say yes.

As soon as I did though, my stress levels went way up - I can almost feel the cortisol fill my body! I said yes to a schedule that is less than ideal, my scheduled finish time is the same as when I absolutely must leave to pick up my son at daycare to avoid picking him up late and pay late fees. I am more worried about him being the last one to get picked up though, than paying late fees...

So if everything works out perfectly then I will be on time to pick him up, but most of the time, with the work that I do, especially replacing someone and doing tasks that I am not familiar with, it is destined to fail and go long. And of course I'll be walking outside in the snow, so I'll have to slow down... I'm going to be racing all day. This is my 3rd week off, so I haven't walked in over 2 weeks now! Sigh.

The positive side is I got to eat at home first. And I'm at least going to a location I am familiar with (and I am familiar with the route to daycare from there). And I get 4 hours worth of money. And the person who's in charge of calling relief staff will not hate me for saying no, yet again.

But... gulp. it's going to be a tough day.

Wish me luck! :)

Do you ever accept work simply to avoid feeling guilty? What is your work situation like? Let me know in a comment! :)


No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I