Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pumpkin...

I've been meaning to try adding some pumpkin puree in my morning oatmeal for a long time now - I've seen a lot of people on different blogs do it... So this morning, I finally opened the can I had... :)




I really didn't know what I was doing, so I started with my usual 1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cup water, 1 tsp brown sugar. After cooking it, I added 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree, some cinnamon and some nutmeg...



It wasn't great... Kind of missed something sweet... So I added 2 tsp of maple syrop, and a tiny bit of vanilla - that worked. I investigated on some blogs and found that Kath Eaths, for instance, usually adds half a banana to it, which probably makes it a bit sweeter, so I'll try that next time I buy bananas. I know a lot of people also add nuts to it, but I'm really not a fan of nuts, so I'll pass...

We went bowling after that - yup, bowling!! :) It was the first time for S since his knee surgery and it went well... Hopefully he can come back to the soccer team for the summer!! :)

We had some camera problems today and I know I took a photo of my lunch time Harvey's ''Grilled Chicken Burger'' but I can't find the file anywhere... What worries me the most is that I most likely lost a bunch of other pictures that I don't remember, no fun :(

******EDIT**** Found it!! :)



In the afternoon we went shopping and I bought some jeans - I'm down to size 6!!!! That was a great NSV:)

Back home I felt like snacking, so I had some raspberries,



some mushrooms,



and a cup of my favorite cranberry juice.



I don't know what I'm going to do or dinner yet, but I still have 8 points for it and that makes me happy :)

Next time I'll try adding pumpkin to yogurt, as suggested by Pam.

No comments:

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I