Saturday, June 6, 2009

20 minutes...



Oh my Oh my!!! I just wrapped up week 5 of c25k - that means I ran for 20 uninterrupted minutes for the first time in my life!!! I can not believe I just did this!! Although I am quite shake-y :)

It was pretty intense/challenging. My body was definitely trying to make me quit ''oh, um, hey, what are you doing? Pff, that's way too difficult - see how tired you are and it's only been 2 minutes?! You're really thinking of doing this for 20 minutes? Uh huh, nope, no way, I really don't think so...''

My head was thinking a mix of the following - ''Keep going, at the end of this you'll have accomplished something wonderful, 20 minutes of running! Think of Mel who's done it before - she said, stick to the program, it works! And she's a runner now! Think of Jess, who's still running during her pregnancy! You want to be a runner, you want to feel great, you want to get better at it, you have to keep training...''

I want it to become easier, to become a hobby - I want to go run outside for a longer preiod of time, I want this to become a habbit... So I pushed through it, and now I want to keep going more than ever...

I actually kept 'brisk' walking for an extra 8 minutes, just for fun - I get more time to run on the weekend, so I better take advantage...

ok, I better get ready, I'm going to see Toronto FC beat LA Galaxy this afternoon ;)




Next time I want to talk about 'breathing' when you run...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! I think when you're doing something physically challenging like lifting weights or running, half of it is mental.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I