Wednesday, June 10, 2009

OMG OMG OMG - What did I just do :)

I signed up for my first 5k!!!

A big thank you to Marie the Mouse for letting me know about the run - She is such an inspiration! I couldn't pass up on it, you were pretty convincing :)

And another thank you to Mel from A Box of Chocolates for pushing me to do this, she rocks: less then a year ago she wasn't even a runner, and now she has 3 5ks under her belt! Thanks for your encouragements Mel, you're the best :)

In other news, I stuck to my meal plan until 8pm, and then I had an extra 6 points worth of dark chocolate and 1 piece of Twizzlers, hmmmm... Let's put it this way - it's better than yesterday's snack fiasco where I had umm 19 points worth of snacks, ugh... I find that I need about 5-6 extra points a day, to feel 'full'. And most days it has to be a treat - I just crave it too much! Maybe if I 'train' myself to eat some every day, but less and less gradually... I just need my chocolate you know? :)

We're having another strange 'outing' at work - after the Zoo adventure, we're now going to go on a boat for the evening this Friday! We're going to screen some completed episodes and have some food and tour the Toronto Islands... That should be fun! :)

Also, I am excited to meet some blogging ladies on Saturday at the Keg in Toronto! This idea came up amongst some of the BLBE people and being in Toronto already I couldn't miss it! Looking forward to see you there :)

8 comments:

marie said...

You're going to love the race! It's so much fun!

I'll see you this weekend :)

Fatinah said...

you're going to be shocked at the high you're going to feel crossing that finish line!!

I'm so jealous that you girls are all getting together. Lots of pictures please!!

Mel said...

I am so very PROUD of you for signing up. You are going to feel awesome after the race and then you'll be hooked on them. It's an addiction...I'm warning you. Jealous of your bloggy night out and can't wait to hear all about it. Keep on running!!
Mel

eurydice said...

hooray!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am jealous that you are meeting up with the BLBE gals in Toronto!

And I am impresses about the 5k!

But what's up with the treats? Are you eating enough protein and whole grains during the day to feel full? Don't get me wrong - I'm all about the chocolate, too, but it might be that if you can adjust your diet a little you can reduce the candy more easily.

Amy said...

It was wonderful to meet you! :)

cinemarie said...

@Marie - I'm counting on it being an 'easy' race to start with - I'm still pretty new at this!! :)

@Fatinah - I can't wait to do it (cross the finish line...) I suspect it's going to be awesome! :)
You are going to hate me - I forgot to bring my camera to the get together, but a lot of pictures were taken and I'm sure they will show up on other blogs, I'll be sure to link to them...

@Mel - Thank you Mel :) Have fun on your vacation!!! :)

@chezjulie - you are right, I don't know what's with me these days, but I'm being pretty lazy... It's not really that I need the treat - I feel full, but I just end up snacking mindlessly anyways... need to work on that... I'll try to focus on making sure I get enough protein and whole grains for a while, thank you! :)


@Marie + @Eurydice + @Amy - It was very cool to meet you ladies! Sorry I was so quiet - It was intimidating - I'm shy and french... hee hee but I had fun and it was great to see everybody interact :) Hope we'll all do this again some day :)

Anonymous said...

Ohh your first 5K, so exciting and it will be a blast, trust me!!! :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Progress...

 Pregnancy Ticker

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

BLBE I